Made by You Placenta Encapsulation Services provides you with the opportunity to have your placenta encapsulated. Many mothers have found benefits in their postpartum recovery from ingesting their encapsulated placenta. If you are in Edmonton and surrounding areas, please contact Made by You with any questions you have regarding placenta encapsulation.
To book your service, please go to the 'Getting Started' page and fill out the form.
is the process of preparing the mother's placenta after the birth of her baby. This is done by separating the membranes and umbilical cord from the placenta. The placenta is rinsed and drained of the maternal and fetal blood. It is then dehydrated, ground and placed into capsules for the mother to ingest, as she sees fit. The ingestion of the placenta is known as placentophagy.
The following benefits of placentophagy have been reported by mothers:
- reintroduction of beneficial vitamins, minerals, hormones, proteins and other nutrients to her body following labor and birth
- restoration of a more balanced body function
- help to prevent or decrease severity of "baby blues" and postpartum depression
- increase milk production
- shortening of healing time
- increase of maternal energy levels
- an overall feeling of wellness to aid in the transition between pregnancy and the early postpartum period in the woman who has just given birth